Like jazz, which devours all it encounters such as Latin, rock, and folk – my art absorbs all creative influences encountered. From them are born this jazzy, folky, joyful artwork for your visual enjoyment.
Thank you Anne Medalie, Gustav Klimpt, VanGogh, Frida Kahlo, Egon Schiele, Matisse, Paul Klee, medieval mosaic artists, DadaMax, Georgia O’Keefe, Lee Bon- tecu, Turk LeClair, Vito Paulekis, Tia Factor, Yale Factor, Chuck Berry, the Beatles, Beethoven, Monk, Ellington, Louis Armstrong and many more.
Executive Director of Santa Rosa Arts Center
Artist, curator, entrepreneur, teacher
Art studies at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago and BFA degree Northeastern Illinois University 1985.
- Since 1970, created innumerable paintings, collages and assemblages, prints, photographs and drawings, of which only a fraction can be represented within the limits of a website.
- 1980-1992 worked in graphic arts and design in Chicago and the West Coast.
- In 1993, he opened Village Art Supply in Santa Rosa, California, a resource to generations of professional artists, students and crafters.
- After selling the store in 2012, he opened Chroma Gallery in Santa Rosa’s SOFA Arts District.
- He is currently the Executive Director of the Santa Rosa Arts Center, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization which he founded in 2017.